Front Office Executive
Front Office Executive (Syllabus)
- Explain general discipline in the class room (do’s and don’ts).
- Explain the nature of hotel industry.
- Elaborate the hierarchy of hotel and front office department of different star category.
- Explain the role of front office executive.
- Explain attributes required for front office personnel.
- Practice basic skills of communication .
Front Office Operations :-
- Greet guest as per sop.
- Perform role play to welcome and greet guest.
- Prepare layout of front office department.
- Explain different types of rooms available in hotel.
- Explain the services and facilities provided by different star categories of hotels.
- Explain different types of room rates and meal plans.
- Discuss discount policies of hotel.
- Explain rules and regulations of the hotels (for guests).
- Practice basic communication skills and telephone phraseology while dealing with guests.
Assist Guest in Check-in Process:-
- Discuss the process of taking reservation for walk-in guest, regular, corporate, group and crew.
- Explain different details to be taken from guest while taking reservation.
- Describe different forms and formats required for taking reservation and prepare their format.
- Explain different types of modes of payments and their acceptance procedure.
- Elaborate the concept of suggestive selling and up selling.
- Explain the procedure of room assignment as per guest preferences.
- List out different types of amenities provided in guest room.
- Practice the process of cancellation and amendment in reservation.
- Practice role play of taking reservation State different forms and formats required for guest registration and prepare their format.
- List the details to be required for guest registration.
- Perform check-in of different types of guests- walk-in, guest with guaranteed reservation, guest with confirmed reservation, VIP, single lady traveller, group booking and crew booking.
- Analyse occupancy ratios.
- Practice reservation and guest registration on front office software.
Attend to Guest Queries :-
- Explain different services and facilities provided by the hotels along with their operational hours.
- Explain inter and intra departmental communication.
- Explain the tourist attractions near to the hotel.
- Express process to give directions to the guests.
- Describe the process of handling guest request and complaints.
- Practice role play for handling guest queries/complaints.
- Practice message handling.
- Practice the procedure to take and give wake-up calls to the inhouse guest.
- Prepare an itinerary for guests for nearby tourist attractions.
Perform Cashiering Activities :-
- Describe different types of mode of payment.
- Explain different types of folio- guest folio, master folio, non-guest folio, employee folio and split folio.
- Explain different types of voucherscash voucher, correction voucher, paid-out voucher, transfer voucher, allowance voucher.
- Explain the procedure of receiving and settling guest charges with different types of mode of payment- local currency, foreign currency, credit card, debit card, traveller cheques, personal cheques, bill to company.
- Perform role play of guest check-out procedure with different types of mode of payment.
- Practice guest check-out on front office software.
- Describe the process of night auditing.
- Analyse various reports printed out during night auditing.
- Analyse various occupancy ratios.
Handle guest complaints and guide front office staff:-
- Describe different types of guest complaints.
- Explain the procedure to handle various guest complaints- room not cleaned, maintenance problem, missed wake up call, lost and found, late check-out, lost luggage at airport, theft in room.
- Describe the procedure to give discounts demanded by the guest.
- Practice the process of handling guest complaints.
- Analyse the situation when to upgrade and downgrade guests.
- Analyse the guest complaint as when it is to be escalated to supervisor.
Communicate with Customer and Colleagues:-
- Explain the importance of effective communication and team coordination.
- Practice role play basic of phraseology used to interact with guests.
- Practice on computer and smart phone to communicate with guests and colleagues.
- Practice on dealing with different types of complaints.
- Explain the importance of guest satisfaction.
- Discuss the importance of guest feedback.
- Practice role play to interact with guest using professional and polite etiquette behaviour.
- Practice on different situations to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Assess innovative products and services to improve guest satisfaction.
- Communicate guest feedback to seniors.
- Describe the procedure to enhance brand value of company.
Maintain standard of etiquette and hospitable conduct:-
- Explain the significance of professional and polite etiquette and behaviour.
- Describe methods for gaining customer satisfaction.
- Welcome customers with a smile.
- Practice handling telephone calls Demonstrate responsible and disciplined behaviours at the workplace.
- Analyse guest complaints and follow correct procedure to resolve them.
Follow gender and Age Sensitive Service Practices :-
- Explain rights and respect given to women at workplace.
- Explain specific requirements of different age groups of customers.
- Explain different safety measures and procedures available for female colleagues and customers.
- Practice to deal with female customers and colleagues related to safety issues.
- Practice situation handling in case of any safety and security threat .
Maintain Health, Hygiene and Safety at Workplace :-
- Describe different food safety and hygiene standards.
- Explain the importance of cleanliness around the place.
- State the importance of personal hygiene.
- Describe different health risks to the worker or customer.
- Demonstrate the use of protective equipment’s and gears.
- Differentiate different types of waste and dispose them properly.
- Analyse hazards at workplace.
- Practice the emergency evacuation procedures.
- Practice on fire extinguisher and emergency evacuation mock drill.
- Explain where chemicals and acids need to be stored.
- Practice the safe cleaning procedure.
Maintain IPR of Organization and Customer:-
- Explain company’s Policies on Intellectual Property Rights.
- Explain how IPR protection is important for competitiveness of a company.
- Examine the significance of damages resulting from IPR infringement Interact with team members to work efficiently.
- Recall company’s product, service or design patents.
- Analyse any infringement in the company and interpret it to seniors .
PLearn a Foreign or Local Language(s) including English :-
- Explain the preferred languages of usual guests.
- State the geographical variations of spoken languages.
- Use common expressions used by guests to express their needs and queries.
- Practice the common terms as appropriate to different types of situation .